Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday 2011 #3

I gotta tell you that my first thought as I typed in my title was "How on earth did it get to be the 3rd Thursday in November already?!" Time is fleeting, my friends!

Thankful Thursday again and I have intended on writing more this month than I have been, but that plate full of responsibilities keeps getting in my way. Since I do try to be a responsible citizen, employee, mother and spouse, I feel I have to take care of all those first and do my stuff later. The perils of womanhood! Raise your hand if you tend to put yourself last! Uh-huh, thought so. You can put your hand down now, maybe stop and pat yourself on the back on the way down. ; )

This week I have been focusing on being thankful for practical things. I am thankful for running water and hot showers. I am thankful for modern appliances that make household chores so much easier than it was for my ancestors -- I would have made a horrible pioneer woman! I am thankful for the electronic gadgets that keep me connected to my friends and my family. I will admit I am thankful for my iPhone, it is one of my favorite gadgets. I am thankful for the heated seats in my car and the food in my cupboards. We are richly blessed in more ways than I can count.

This week we have been packing our shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We have been using our gifts to pass blessings on to others. We have been doing this for several years and the kids really enjoy shopping to fill the boxes for other kids. I hope it is something they will continue to do long after they leave home. If you are interested in participating in this program it isn't too late. Check their website for a drop box location near you!

I do hope you have been taking a look around you over the past few weeks and counting the blessings big and small in your own life.

I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
(1 Corinthians 9:23 NIV)

In His Peace -




No comments:

Post a Comment