Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

As I look at my calendar I am wondering how it is possible that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away. Where did 2011 go? Did I blink? How have we gotten this far through a year? Didn't we just start this year? My mother was absolutely correct when she told me that time moves faster the older you get!!

Thankful Thursday has arrived. Have you been sharing your thankfulness on a daily basis? I have been keeping up with that fairly well. I did forget yesterday, but I posted twice today. I figured that would count!

My goal to clean things out and pass them on to others in need has not been realized. I have worked on it, but have not gotten as far as I would have liked over the past week. I am not giving up hope that this will be accomplished before the month was over.

I did have the opportunity to do some shopping for the food pantry at our church which was great. It didn't feel like much to me, but the need is great and what I could bring them was enthusiastically received.

For this second Thursday of November I would like to be thankful for people who step up and volunteer. If you volunteer your time and talents in any way,  Thank you. Almost every organization I have ever been involved with has been in need of volunteers. Finding people with the time, energy and personal commitment it takes to help out is difficult. This makes those of you who step forward and say, "I'll take care of that!" all the sweeter. I know that sometimes you may feel under-appreciated, but know that without volunteers, many organizations would not survive. If you volunteer in any capacity, big or small; in your community, church or school, please give yourself a pat on the back and take a bow while I applaud you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. (Colossians 3:23 NIV)

 Have a great week!

 In His Peace -


No comments:

Post a Comment