Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
(Colossians 4:2 NIV)

 

Thursday is almost over and I am just getting to my thankful blog at 7pm. Thankful Thursdays are good for me because Thursday is my busiest day of the week. Since I am always talking about slowing down to spend some time with God, it forces me to practice what I preach!

 

 I am thankful for fall. As I gaze upon the picture above with the amazingly colorful foliage reflected upon the clear waters I feel more peaceful than I have all day. In Iowa the fall days tend to be chilly in the mornings and evenings with beautiful clear blue days in between. Today was one of those picture-perfect fall days. A few varieties of trees here have lost their leaves, but some are absolutely glorious. The Amor Maples, Burning Bushes and Sumac are spectacular this week. 

 

Fall is the time for good soups and hot tea (both I enjoy immensely), crunching in the leaves with your kids and enjoying the last spectacular days before the weather turns cold. 

 

 What are you thankful for today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment