Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

Friendship is a wonderful gift. The Bible talks about the value of friendship in the book of Ecclesiastes:
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?  Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Friendships grow, change, cool and even end. I am thankful to have friends that have known me for what seems like forever and newer friends that know my heart, even if they don't know my life story. I  have friends scattered all over this fine country as well as a few across the world. Although are contact is not daily, they will always be a part of me. You share your joys, fears, fun and tears with your friends, they become a part of who you are as you share your days.

I am thankful that God designed friendship. Can you imagine what life would be like if we had to walk through our days alone? I shudder to think of it. We were designed for relationships. I am thankful for friends that I can call to blow off steam regardless of the time of day.  I am thankful for friends who jot off a text message or send a card just to say hi.  I am thankful for the internet that allows me to keep in touch with my friends who are physically far away, but still near and dear to my heart.

 Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the friends you have brought into my life. Thank you for the friends who have remained through thick, thin and everything in between. Thank you for laughter, tears and great memories. Thank you for the friends you will place in my life, help me be a blessing to them. Please bless all whom I love, place your hand of comfort and peace over my friends who are struggling today. Keep our eyes and hearts open to new opportunities to befriend someone in need. In Jesus name. Amen.

 What are you thankful for this Thankful Thursday?

In His Peace -

No comments:

Post a Comment