Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Heat!


Happy Thursday everyone!

I am thankful for our new office heater! Everyone ooh and ahhh now! It is freezing cold in our office. This room and our dining room were a house addition at one point. A poorly planned one, I might add. They are also the coldest rooms in the house.

We purchased a little space heater to use when we moved in 4 years ago. It only warms up the 6 inches of space in front of it and has proven to be highly ineffective. This fall I found a lovely cherrywood encased infrared heater. It took up more floor space than we could afford to lose, but it heated the space up very nicely...for the five days it worked. Seriously, five days. Pathetic. Apparently an entire shipment of them received a defective part. I opted out of a replacement model and returned to my space heater/fleece blanket combo to try to stay warm. It is very difficult to type with cold fingers!

One of our employees was in the office with us last week and lamenting on how cold it was. I am thankful for him, too, because I wonder if my husband thought I was just being a ninny and hearing it from someone else made it a legitimate complaint. The next day my dear spouse came in with a new heater.

It is a strange looking thing and I had my doubts. It is a Soleus Air Micathermic 360 Degree Tower Heater. How is that for a mouthful? It doesn't make any noise.... at all. It just sits there and radiates heat. After my noisy little space heater I was sure this quiet contraption was going to be just as ineffective. Guess what? I was wrong. Shocking, but true. Gasps all around, I am sure. It is slow to take all the cold out of this room, but by lunchtime it is downright pleasant and for that I am thankful!


What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful that my little one is better. There's been a flu-like illness going around here and my middle child caught it. I'm now praying the rest of us don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy :) My name is Kathleen. I found your blog through another fellow blogger (greeneyes), and was intrigued by your blog name "Walking the Walk." I am probably older than you. But I am still learning to "walk the walk":) I love the Lord Jesus and want to share that with others. I'm really happy you got a new heater!! I can't stand to be cold....and you're right--really makes it difficult to type AND to play piano! Take care and nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathleen!

    Thanks for stopping by! My daughter plays piano and warms a cloth bag full of pinto beans in the microwave and tucks her hands in it to warm them before she plays. I use a similar one for my feet at bedtime. : )

    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete