Thursday, March 17, 2011

Second Verse for March

Hello Blog Friends!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


Our Bible study group is participating in a 6 week DVD Bible study with Lysa TerKeurst and Made to Crave. If you need a good Bible study to do with your girlfriends, I highly recommend Made to Crave. We have learned a lot the past few weeks and I will be sorry to see it come to an end. New lessons are on the horizon with Kelly Minter's No Other Gods as our spring study.

We were looking for verses to focus on during those times when you are feeling more stressed than blessed. You know, those times when every cookie in the Oreo box is screaming your name and you are starting to listen to them!! When that happens to you, take a deep breath, plug your ears and think on these:


No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it . (1 Cor 10:13)

That one might have looked familiar as it was my first memory verse for this year. This next little beauty  is applicable in so many areas of our lives:


So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Cor 4:18)
This struck me like a two-by-four upside the head and there was no doubt what my verse for the second half of march would be. I am wondering why it is surprising me that the six verses I have needed for Siesta Scripture Memory Team seem to come at me like heat seeking missiles.

What is your verse for March?


In His Peace -

No comments:

Post a Comment