Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Work can be such a distraction!

Hello blog friends!

It feels as if it has been a long time since I wrote a blog post even though it hasn't even been a full week. It seems like every moment at my desk has been occupied with items that are higher on the prioritized to-do list.

We have been updating our business software. It has been a logistical nightmare. First it was several weeks trying to determine what our options were, followed by two weeks of software demos.  Some were quickly eliminated and others had to be looked at in depth. It has occupied a large portion of my brain capacity lately.

About 10 days ago we finally made a decision and purchased the new software. Unfortunately the software company had a huge overhaul of their systems around the same time and this has combined to create a myriad of glitches we are struggling through. To say it is making me feel crazy and stressed would be a huge understatement at this point. I am sure it will all work out fine, but time is ticking toward the beginning of the irrigation season and we need to be ready. Right now I can't even schedule an appointment.

So I am taking lots of deep breaths and trying not to get all in a twist over things I have very little control over. The tech guy assigned to me is very patient and does great work. I just want it to work RIGHT NOW. This is our business at stake here. If we can't operate smoothly our customers will find someone else to work with. Sigh... needed another deep breath there.

I think this verse from Romans applies  -

Romans 12:12 NIV

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
 
 I am working on the joyful part. I am hopeful it will all work out. I am certainly feeling afflicted and I am definitely being quite faithful in praying these problems will be resolved. 

How are things going in your world?

In His Peace -

No comments:

Post a Comment