Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Blessed Easter to you, my friends!

I have spent much time over the past several days reflecting on the amazing sacrifice God made for me. I feel so unworthy of the gift. It is a gift freely given for you and for me. The gift of forgiveness and eternal life. It is almost unfathomable. 

I have a friend who repeatedly tells me that she "just doesn't get it". Oh how this pains me! She doesn't understand how one man could die for many and how his death could make a difference for everyone. Well, if Jesus was just a man, it certainly wouldn't make sense, but he is GOD. Fully man, fully God who came to earth to redeem our souls. It is truly mind boggling, I understand how the whole concept is confusing. God tells us himself  "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9) We can't even come close to understanding the things that God understands, which is why He is God and we are not. My point here is that she doesn't have to "get it", she just has to believe it. Open your heart to the possibility! 

If you find  yourself confused ask God to help you understand. Psalm 119 contains several pleas for understanding: "Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart." (v34) "Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands." (v73) "Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live." (v144) "May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word." (v169). There are many verses throughout scripture about understanding. I will share just one more because it applies here:  "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). We weren't made to understand everything in this life on our own, but we are meant to turn to God when we need clarification. 

He wants you to know Him. He longs for you to come to Him. He sent his Son to die for YOU. If you were the only person living on this planet he would have endured the cross to save you. If you have been wondering what is missing in your life, maybe that something is Jesus. He has been pursuing you your whole life. If you have been running - stop. Turn around and run straight into His arms. I promise you will never regret it. 

In deep and humble love for my Savior I wish you a blessed Easter. 

He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment