Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Happy Veterans Day!

A couple hours ago as I spoke with my father-in-law, he was delighting in the free lunch he had today at Subway. I think Veterans Day has become his favorite day of the year. It is wonderful that Veterans are honored not only on Veterans Day but soldiers, sailors and airmen are generally respected and appreciated in this era. I feel horrible for the young men who returned from Vietnam and received nothing but disrespect from so many who hated the war and took it out on the wrong people. I pray that those men have found forgiveness for those who hurt them either in word or deed.

I am so thankful to be a citizen of the United States of America. It is such a blessing to live here. I am thankful for every man who has every fought to maintain the glory of this great country. I have ancestors who have fought in every war back to the War of Independence. I am honored that you would stand with all you have for all of us. Thank you to the families who spend countless days and hours without their loved ones near by. Thank you for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Please help me be a citizen worthy of that sacrifice.

I hesitated to do two video blogs in a row, but I love this song. I sit here with tears streaming down my face as I have listened to this song several times trying to find the right video mix for today. I almost had to post two! The only time I ever cried at a middle school concert was when a 8th grade special needs student got up and sang this song. The lyrics are always a killer, but this young man had such an amazing voice that I was a blithering idiot by the time he was finished. One of those moments that will not easily be forgotten.

Without further ado, Lee Greenwood with God Bless the USA:

No comments:

Post a Comment