Friday, January 21, 2011

January Scripture Two



Do you see the face in the clouds? I thought this picture was amazing. It was taken by a gal named Kennedy. I wish I could say I took it, but this one isn't mine.

The first half of January has skittered right past us and it is time for my new memory verse. I am about 90% accurate on my first memory verse for the month, I am very pleased with that and am ready to strain my brain cells a bit more by adding another.

I selected this particular verse because it is so true. Satan is desperate and very busy. You hear of his work in the world every day. We have to be vigilant. It is one of the reasons I am working hard to memorize scripture this year. It will strengthen my armor. I remember concepts, but I really struggle with the verbage and placement of those concepts. Pray that I will remember my verses for more than the two weeks I am concentrating on each of them. For added accountability I am posting them here and I joined Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team. You know God is working in BIG ways when 8,000+ women sign up for memory work -- I am excited to be a part of it.

My verse for the second half of January is 1 Peter 5:8, NIV -

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Lord, let it not be me! Give me the tools to stand firm in my faith.

I encourage you to add scripture memorization to your goals this year as well.

In His Peace --

2 comments:

  1. I like that one...my SSMT verse 2 is 2Corinthians 5:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison -
    That is a good verse, too!

    I have a running list of possibilities. One that strikes you one day may not at all on the day to select another.

    Happy Memorizing!

    ReplyDelete