Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Travel


Hello!

Thankful Thursday is back again. The bulk of the past week I had the privilege of spending in Walt Disney World with most of my family. My husband had a business conference at the Yacht Club Resort and we took two of our kids with us for a fun trip.

We didn't leave our oldest behind because we don't like her or anything like that. She opted to stay home to attend practice for show choir and speech -- both of which have competitions in the very near future. We are impressed with her dedication and commitment to her school activities. I was certainly delighted to hug my girl when we arrived at the airport. I missed having her along. Whatever will I do when she leaves for college?

On this thankful Thursday I am thankful that my kids had this wonderful opportunity to visit the Disney theme parks in Florida. January was a great time to visit. The parks were not jammed wall to wall with people and the wait times for the attractions were very reasonable, especially during the "Magic Hours" for Disney Resort guests.  Much more enjoyable than when we visited Disneyland over Christmas in 2005 . The park was beautiful in it's Christmas splendor, but amazingly overcrowded.

I am also thankful that we had no travel difficulties and we were carried all those miles safely and without incident. Isn't it amazing that you can go halfway across the country in an afternoon? Two generations ago that was unheard of. We forget what a marvel modern transportation is.

I am also thankful to be home. Travel is an adventure, but it is always good to be home. Not so thankful for the 10 loads of laundry that has kept me busy today!

So that is my thankful list for this third Thursday of the new year. What are you thankful for today?

In His Peace -

No comments:

Post a Comment