Monday, January 31, 2011

A Waiting Day

Today I am waiting.
Not waiting for anything wonderful or spectacular, but waiting for a repair man. Heavy sigh.

Our four month old Kenmore Elite refrigerator has stopped making ice. It never made enough to begin with, which is my only complaint about the new fridge. If I have a big enough family to need a 27 cubic foot refrigerator don't you think I might just need more than four cups of ice a day?!? I am hoping that I may have had a defective one all along and Mr. Repairman will not only make it so we actually have ice, but have enough ice. A girl can hope.... and wait apparently.

I don't mind waiting a week for the appointment, that is totally understandable to me. I manage a service business and week long waits are not out of the question for us during our peak season. What I don't understand is them telling me the technician will arrive SOME time between 8am and 5pm. What is up with that? The entire day I have to wait? They don't know where he will start and end his day? It seriously makes me want to just bang my head against the wall in frustration.

I am trying to use my time wisely. I have swept and vacuumed and emptied the dishwasher. I have laundry going, dinner thawing and bills paid. It isn't that I don't have anything to occupy my time, but the thought that my time is so invaluable to Sears that I get an 8 hour window to cool my heels waiting.

Rant over. I am going to continue marking things off on my never ending to-do list. Hoping you are having a marvelous Monday!

In His Peace --

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean although I had the opposite happen when the bug guy came in November. He was scheduled for the afternoon, and I get off work at noon. I went right home, but he'd already been there. He came back just a short while after I got home. He's a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know there are still "good guys" out there taking care of people. Besides that good guys that work with me, of course! : )

    ReplyDelete